A teacher in northeastern Wisconsin went to the hospital after being poisoned in what two students told police was a prank.
Police said the Gillett Secondary School teacher noticed a strange smell coming from a bottle of soda he had left unattended Tuesday afternoon. Police talked to a 16-year-old boy and a 17-year-old girl, who said they put a small amount of cleaning solution in the bottle.
The teacher was treated at a hospital, police said. School Supt. Todd Carlson told WLUK-TV he was back at school Wednesday.
Carlson said the school no longer has chalkboards so the solution was from the cleaner used to wash away marker on the dry-erase boards.
The school board is scheduled to discuss punishment for the students.