Woman Injured in Dec. Fire in McLean Dies

Fairfax County fire officials say a 90-year-old woman died earlier this month from injuries she suffered in a Dec. 2013 fire.

Firefighters were called to the home at 1903 Westmoreland Street on Dec. 26 just after noon.

Capt. William Moreland, a spokesman with Fairfax County Fire and Rescue, says firefighters found  Marguerite Louise Moran unconscious inside and she was taken to MedStar Washington Hospital Center's burn center with life-threatening injuries.

Moran died from those injuries Jan. 9

Six cats were also killed in the fire, but firefighters were able to revive one dog and one cat. They were taken to Suburban Animal hospital, where they were treated and released.

Contact Us