Four veterans luckily weren't injured after a fire ripped through their group home just a couple days before Memorial Day.
Officials say an overheated laptop is likely to blame for a weekend fire at Building Veterans, a Brunswick, Md. home for veterans who suffer from PTSD and other trauma.
The fire began in a back bedroom, and quickly spread throughout the home.
"If we had to wait another 2 or 3 minutes for the firemen to come from the firehouse, we probably would have lost a whole section of the house," Building Veterans Director Bob Wyatt said.
Wyatt told News4 at least two of the four veterans living there have been displaced while the damaged sections of the home are cleaned.
The home is one of very few solely focused on helping veterans with mental illness.
"It's important because we're doing something that's unique. We're working with veterans [and civilians] with post-traumatic stress," Brunswick resident David McIntosh said.
Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia local news, events and information
Damage is estimated at $50,000. Building Veterans accepts donations on its site here.