Unattended Incense Starts Rockville Fire, Injures 2

Montgomery County fire officials say unattended incense started a fire that ripped through a Rockville, Maryland, apartment building Thursday night.

Seventy-five firefighters responded to the scene at the North Creek Apartments on Burnside Drive. The fire started just before midnight and quickly moved from one floor to another, forcing the evacuation of the entire building.

Two adults were taken to an area burn center for smoke inhalation. The fire caused $75,000 in damages.

Nine people were also displaced.They are being assisted by the Red Cross.

Firefighters will return to the complex Friday evening as a safety in the neighborhood initiative.

Contact Us