Fairfax County

Sunlight Reflecting Off Mirror Starts Va. House Fire

Sunlight reflecting off a mirror started a house fire in Fairfax County, fire officials said Thursday.

Firefighters were called to Landues End Lane in the Fairview area at about 9:15 a.m. Wednesday. When they arrived, they found smoke coming from the two-story home. Fire officials say the bedroom fire was quickly extinguished.

Both residents inside the home were able to escape after a smoke detector alerted them to the fire. One of them suffered a minor injury.

Fire officials say sunlight reflecting from a makeup mirror ignited nearby combustibles.

Contact Us