Maryland Orange Line riders will likely have to make big adjustments to their commutes during Metro's next SafeTrack surge.
Metro announced information about the final two SafeTrack surges Friday and said the next surge will shut down five Orange Line stations for nearly one month.
New Carrollton, Landover, Cheverly, Deanwood and Minnesota Ave stations in Maryland and D.C. will be closed from Tuesday, May 16 to Thursday, June 15.
During that time, buses will replace Orange Line trains betwen New Carrolton and Stadium-Armory stations.
More information about Surge 15:
- Orange Line trains will operate between Vienna and Largo Town Center every 6-8 minutes during rush hours.
- Silver Line trains will operate between Wiehle-Reston East and Stadium-Armory every 12 minutes (normally 6 minutes) during rush hours.
- Blue Line trains will operate every 12 minutes, as usual, between Franconia-Springfield and Largo Town Center.
- Limited free shuttle bus service will be provided to and from all closed stations.
- Customers who normally park at New Carrollton or Landover stations may wish to consider using Greenbelt or Largo Town Center instead. Both alternate stations are conveniently located off of the Capital Beltway.