D.C. is very much still trying to dig out from the blizzard -- and there's more rough news ahead: The city has suspended garbage pickup at least until Thursday.
The D.C. Department of Public Works (DPW) announced Monday that it will "attempt" pickup on Thursday, and will operate on an altered schedule through the weekend. DPW says it will hire private contractors to supplement the work of its regular crews.
The garbage collection schedule is as follows:
- Monday: No service.
- Tuesday: No service (twice-weekly routes will be addressed Thursday or Friday).
- Wednesday: No service.
- Thursday: Service attempts will be made.
- Friday: Service attempts will be made.
- Saturday & Sunday: Possible service attempts will be made on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday routes.
- Next Monday: Regular service will resume.