NBC Washington won six regional Edward R. Murrow awards from the Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA).
NBC Washington has more Edward R. Murrow awards than any other station in the Washington area. The awards honor the best local broadcast and electronic journalism from around the country.
Our 2016 awards are:
• Overall Excellence: Given for the station's commitment to journalism, awarded for the second year in a row.
• Best Newscast: Given for the News4 at 6 broadcast on Sept. 22, 2015, when Pope Francis arrived in D.C.
• Best Continuing Coverage: Given for the News4 I-Team's series Synthetics and The New Drug War, about on the synthetic drugs epidemic that hit the streets of D.C. in 2015.
• Best News Series: Given in recognition of the News4 I-Team's seven-part series on synthetic drugs.
Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia local news, events and information
• Investigative Reporting: Given for the multi-part story Serving in Silence: Rape in the National Guard. This story uncovered what's really happening to those accused of raping or sexually assaulting their fellow service members.
• Best website: NBCWashington.com was honored for its exceptional journalism for the second year in a row.
RTDNA has recognized outstanding work produced by radio, television and online news organizations from around the world since 1971. See the complete list of 2016 regional Edward R. Murrow winners here.