Local moms and founders of Princess Awesome and Svaha Apparel share their best tips for starting a successful business.
- Find a Partner: Team up with someone who you can bounce ideas off of and who more importantly will hold you accountable.
- Use Social Media: “Without it we wouldn’t exist,” Princess Awesome says. Do the research. Find the brands and audiences that are your target and market to them. Princess Awesome’s kickstarter campaign took off after a girl empowerment website shared their idea on facebook. With their STEAM themed clothing Svaha has found success reaching out to University and educational circles.
- Ask for Help: Lean on local resources. Princess Awesome suggested “Her Corner” an organization dedicated to helping women businesses grow.
- Mentors: Look within your circle first: Friends, family, network, colleagues. Make a list of your dream mentors (your coach) or advisors. Then try to connect with them but remember bring your A game. They need to know how helping you is going to be of value to them.
- Believe: Having a product you truly believe in or a powerful message that resonates.