MLB hands out 12 suspensions following Mariners-Angels brawl originally appeared on NBC Sports Washington
Here is the full list of people who were suspended, listed by how long they are being disciplined:
- Phil Nevin, Angels manager: 10 games
- Jesse Winker, Mariners outfielder: 7 games
- Anthony Rendon, Angels third baseman: 5 games
- Dom Chiti, Angels assistant pitching coach: 5 games
- J.P. Crawford, Mariners shortstop: 5 games
- Andrew Wantz, Angels pitcher: 3 games
- Ryan Tepera, Angels pitcher: 3 games
- Raisel Iglesias, Angels pitcher: 2 games
- Julio Rodriguez, Mariners outfielder: 2 games
- Ray Montgomery, Angels bench coach: 2 games
- Manny Del Campo, Angels major league interpreter: 2 games
- Bill Haselman, Angels catching coach: 1 game
Along with the suspensions, the league also handed out undisclosed fines.
Wantz hit Winker with a pitch in the top of the second inning after warnings had already been made. Winker shared some words with Angels catcher Max Stassi and home-plate umpire John Bacon before walking toward the Angels’ dugout. From there, the benches cleared, punches were thrown and eight players were ejected as part of an 18-minute delay.
Unless appealed, all player suspensions were effective for Monday night. Nevin, Chiti and Del Campo are starting their suspensions on Monday, while Montgomery and Haselman will both begin their suspensions once Chiti returns, the league announced.
Both teams have games at their home ballparks on Monday. The Angels are hosting the Chicago White Sox, while the Mariners are welcoming the Baltimore Orioles.