What to Know
- MGM National Harbor will be opening its doors to the public on Thursday, Dec. 8 at 11 p.m. The parking garage will open at 10:30 p.m.
- Use ride share services like Uber and taxis to get to the store, or ride the Metro bus from King St. and Southern Ave. Be aware of traffic!
- MGM National Harbor is located at 101 MGM National Avenue, which can be accessed from I-295 (Exit 1B) and I-495 (Exits 2A-2B).
MGM National Harbor, the first luxury gaming resort in the Capital region, will be opening its doors on Thursday, Dec. 8 at 11 p.m.
"We are excited to welcome our first guests to the resort Dec. 8 and want to ensure everyone has a smooth, fun experience," said Bill Boasberg, general manager of MGM National Harbor. "We encourage guests to plan their transportation method and route ahead of time, and be aware that the parking garage won't open until 10:30 that evening."
With concerns of traffic and possible delays, guests should take Boasberg's advice to heart.
Guests who plan on driving their car to the resort should take note of the parking garage's opening time at 10:30 p.m., half an hour before the opening of the casino. There are 5,000 parking spaces available within the garage.
The self-parking for guests will be complimentary during the opening period, but the resort will move towards a paid parking model in the future.
A 24-hour paid valet parking service will also be available.
To avoid delays and congestion, the resort suggested the following:
- Use services like Uber, Lyft and taxis.
- Ride the Metro bus from King Street (Yellow Line) and Southern Avenue (Green Line).
- Ride Prince George's County Transit's Buses Route 35 and Route 35s
The $1.4 billion resort features a number of amenities and services, from a casino, a spa and salon, national, local and international restaurants and high-end retail stores.
The MGM National Harbor is located at 101 MGM National Avenue, which can be accessed from I-295 (Exit 1B) and I-495 (Exits 2A-2B).