Maryland Nanny Charged With Murder, Accused of Force-Feeding 8-Month-Old Girl Until She Choked

Authorities said video camera footage shows the events that led to the little girl's death

A Maryland nanny has been charged in the death of a baby girl after she was allegedly caught on surveillance camera forcefully feeding her two bottles, police said.

Eight-month-old Enita Salubi of Glenarden died Monday afternoon after she was rushed to a hospital, Prince George's County Police said.

Authorities said video camera footage shows the events that led to the little girl's death.

The nanny, 66-year-old Oluremi Oyindasola, was asleep on a couch inside the house Monday when the baby, who was in a walker, began crying and woke the nanny, police said.

Police said a video surveillance camera shows the nanny tried to feed the baby, but without success. Oyindasola then pulled the baby from her walker, removed the nipple from her bottle and forcefully fed her, police said.

"She forcefully poured the two bottles of what looks to be milk down the baby's mouth, causing her to not be able to breathe, suffocating her, and eventually she died at the hospital," said Col. Harry Bond of Prince George's County Police.

Charging documents say tha nanny appeared "to pour a large amount of white liquid directly inside the [v]ictim's mouth."

The baby appeared to squirm and resist while being fed the first bottle, and then Oyindasola forced the contents of a second bottle into her mouth, the documents said.

The baby became unresponsive, and Oyindasola called the baby's father, who dialed 911 as he raced home.

Clifton Wanzer, a neighbor, said he saw the little girl's father carry her to an ambulance.

She was rushed to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

More than one neighbor told News4 they'd been concerned about the baby for some time.

"That baby just cried [and] cried," said neighbor Walker. "Every time I came outside, I'd hear that baby cry."

Police said an autopsy revealed Salubi's cause of death was asphyxiation, and the manner of death was homicide.

Oyindasola, of Glenarden, is in custody, police said Wednesday. She is charged with second-degree murder, first-degree child abuse resulting in death, and related charges.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call police at 301-772-4925. Anyone wishing to remain anonymous may call Crime Solvers at 1-866-411-TIPS (8477), text "PGPD" plus your message to CRIMES (274637), or go to to submit a tip online.

Contact Us