One man died after a townhouse in Sterling, Virginia, caught fire.
Loudoun County firefighters received a call about 3 a.m. Sunday reporting a possible fire on the 200 block of Giles Place. The caller said someone could be trapped in the home.
When firefighters arrived, smoke was pouring out of the townhouse. One person had run outside. They were taken to the hospital to treat burn wounds and are expected to recover.
Firefighters went inside to fight the flames and found an injured man. They brought him out and paramedics began advanced care. He was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries, then pronounced dead.
Another resident refused medical treatment.
Several Loudoun crews and firefighters from Fairfax County responded and were able to put out the fire. Neighboring townhomes were not damaged.
The local fire marshall and the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office are investigating.
Stay with News4 for more on this developing story.