Va. Man Electrocuted While Moving Ladder

Victim Pronounced Dead at Hospital


A 35-year-old Springfield man was electrocuted today outside a home in Centreville, Va., according to authorities.

First responders arrived shortly after 1 p.m. to a residence in the 14400 block of Tracy Schar Lane. He was transported to Inova Fairfax Hospital, where he was pronounced dead a short time later.

The victim had been moving a ladder when the ladder came into contact with power lines near the house, authorities said.

Follow NBC Washington to get the latest news, events and entertainment anytime, anywhere: on air, online, and on Facebook // Twitter.

Contact Us