D.C. police say they arrested a man accused of groping multiple women near Dupont Circle and in Adams Morgan, as well as breaking windows.
Frank Borden. Jr., 31, of no fixed address, was arrested Sunday and charged in a number of crimes that occurred between mid-January and early February, police said Monday.
On four instances, police say Borden approached women, grabbed them and walked away. The crimes occurred:
- Feb. 3 at about 5:30 p.m. in the 1700 block of Q Street NW;
- Feb. 3 at about 5:40 p.m. in the 1600 block of Massachusetts Avenue NW;
- Feb. 3 at about 5:55 p.m. near 17th and P streets NW and
- Feb. 5 at about 2:50 p.m. in the 2400 block of 18th Street NW.
We're making it easier for you to find stories that matter with our new newsletter — The 4Front. Sign up here and get news that is important for you to your inbox.
Borden also is accused of breaking windows — using a brick to shatter windshields, in some instances. Police say those crimes occurred:
- Jan. 21 at about 3:20 p.m. in the 900 block of New York Avenue NW;
- Jan. 21 at about 9:20 p.m. in the 900 block of New York Avenue NW;
- Feb. 5 at about 3:15 p.m. in the 1900 block of 17th Street NW and
- Feb. 5 at about 3:20 p.m. in the 1700 block of 17th Street NW
Borden was charged with four counts of misdemeanor sexual abuse and four counts of destruction of property. It wasn’t immediately clear if he had an attorney.
Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia local news, events and information
Court documents say police identified Borden as the suspect using surveillance footage and an identification by someone whose windshield was smashed.