Intense Christmas Day Fire Consumes Silver Spring Home

One resident suffered burns and two firefighters suffered minor burns as a Christmas morning fire consumed a home on Narrows Court in Silver Spring.

The fire caused an estimated $750,000 in damage to the two-story home; crews on the scene said the home seemed to be a complete loss. Five adults in the home were displaced.

The fire was ruled to be accidental, caused by the improper use of flammable liquids in the fireplace, Montgomery County fire officials said.

Firefighters who responded found heavy smoke and fire on the first floor. At one point, the intense fire forced firefighters to evacuate the home, before crews were able to control the blaze.

The victims are being treated at a local burn center.

Contact Us