Local

Frying Pan Left on Stove Caused Fire That Destroyed Townhouse: Authorities

Cooking oil in a frying pan left unattended on a stove ignited and caused a fire that destroyed a townhome in Centreville, Virginia, on Saturday, authorities said. 

The two-alarm fire happened in the 14500 block of Castleford Court, said Fairfax County Fire & Rescue. One person was air lifted to a hospital; however, that person's injuries were not life-threatening.

 Two adjacent townhouses were also damaged.

Damages were estimated at $322,000.

Contact Us