Fireworks Device Explodes in Md. Woman’s Hand


A Maryland woman was inured Thursday when a fireworks device exploded in her hand, Prince George's County fire officials said Friday. 

Prince George's County fire department spokesman Mark Brady says the woman sustained traumatic injuries to three fingers when the device exploded on Doewood Lane in Capitol Heights Thursday night. The woman was transported to a nearby trauma center for treatment. 

Brady says it's not known exactly what kind of firework exploded in this case since it was destroyed.

This is the county's second consumer-purchased fireworks related injury in the past seven years. 

Fire officials want to remind residents that all backyard, consumer-purchased and homemade fireworks are illegal in the county. 

Click here for laws on fireworks in other localities. 

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us