Fire Damages 2 Georgetown Businesses

Two Georgetown businesses were damaged in a fire Tuesday morning. 

The fire was started accidentally in the kitchen of Wingo's, a chicken wing restaurant located in the 3200 block of O Street NW, fire officials say.

The fire spread through the ducts and into the roof of the building before spreading to a business next door. 

The fire took several hours to put out, officials said. 

Two firefighters were treated for non-life-threatening injuries. No other injuries were reported. 

Contact Us