Judge Orders Release of D.C. Police Officer Accused of Assaulting Pregnant Girlfriend

A 52-year-old D.C. police officer accused of assaulting his pregnant girlfriend was ordered to stay away from her and any firearms following allegations his assaulted her.

A judge ordered Calvin Willis' release Friday, placing him on "high intensity supervision." Wills will be outfitted with an ankle-monitoring system and is not allowed to come into the DIstrict or into contact with his 25-year-old girlfriend.

According to court documents obtained by News4, Willis and his girlfriend met 10 years ago while Willis, 42 at the time, was on assignment as a patrol officer. The woman, who was 15, was walking home from work late at night. Willis approached her and told her she shouldn't be out late and that he could arrest her. He then gave her his contact information and asked her to "keep a secret." Willis would give her rides home and soon after, the two struck up a relationship.

Since then, Willis, who is currently married, has had two children with the 25-year-old woman.

Willis is accused of kicking his girlfriend in the back and leg following an argument at her apartment last Sunday.

He left her apartment around noon after the fight to attend a wedding with his wife, but insisted on returning to her home just after midnight that evening. According to documents, she was babysitting Willis' third child, whose mother is another young woman.


Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia local news, events and information

DC to Provide Free Monkeypox Vaccines to At-Risk Groups

Metro Announces $2 Weeknight Flat Fares, Lower Unlimited Pass Prices

The two got into another argument over parenting, after one of the children injured his head.

Documents say the woman then pleaded with Willis not to hurt the child, and shortly after, he grabbed her by the hair and slammed her against a wall, "so hard that he caused damage to the wall."

According to documents, the woman then grabbed a kitchen knife to defend herself, while Willis allegedly placed his hand on his gun, saying something to the effect of, "Come on, bring it on."

Prosecutors wanted Willis to be held, but the judge felt he, nor the victim, were threats to one another.

Willis is currently on administrative leave.

Contact Us