Monday is National Chocolate Chip Day.
Alex Levin, pastry chef at Osteria Morini, stopped by News4 Midday to share his recipe for the perfect chocolate chip cookie.
Unsalted Butter, soft - 1 1/2 cups
Granulated Sugar - 1 cup
Light Brown Sugar - 3/4 cups
Salt - 1 1/2 tsp.
Vanilla Bean, scraped - 1
Large Eggs - 3
Baking Soda - 2 tsp.
All Purpose Flour - 5 cups
Dark Chocolate chips - 18 oz.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Sift the baking soda and flour together, and reserve on the side.
3. In a KitchenAid bowl, place your soft butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, salt and scraped vanilla bean. Using the paddle attachment, cream on low speed to mix and then raise to medium speed until light and fluffy, scraping down until the mixture is homogenous.
Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia local news, events and information
4. Add the eggs, stop the mixer and scrape the sides. Mix until homogenous.
5. Add the sifted dry ingredients all at once. Mix on low speed until homogenous.
6. Add the chocolate chips, and mix until homogenous.
7. Using a cookie scoop, scoop the cookies directly onto a parchment-lined cookie tray, leaving space for the cookies to spread. If the cookie scoop sticks, rinse the scoop in hot water.
8. Bake for 8 minutes, or until golden brown -- rotating halfway through.
9. Cool the cookies, and enjoy!