6 Kids, 2 Adults Taken to Hospital After Carbon Monoxide Leak in Capitol Heights

A carbon monoxide leak in a home in Capitol Heights early Monday sickened six children and two adults, officials say. A generator was found running in the home. 

The Prince George’s County Fire Department responded to the 4900 block of Fable Street at about 2:20 a.m. 

Six children and two adults were taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. One adult declined to be taken to a hospital. 

Temperatures were in the 30s early Monday. 

Generators should never be used indoors. Here are safety tips from the Red Cross

Stay with News4 for more details on this developing story. 

Contact Us