A beloved track and field coach in D.C., Maryland and Virginia is living in a hotel after fire destroyed her home on New Year’s Day.
Pamela “Coach Pam” Crockett’s electric stove caught on fire in her Anne Arundel County home.
She and her two sons tried to put out the flames, but the fire was too intense. They ran outside to safety.
Crockett lost almost everything she owns.
We're making it easier for you to find stories that matter with our new newsletter — The 4Front. Sign up here and get news that is important for you to your inbox.
“I’m overwhelmed, I think, is the word that comes most to me,” she said. “I have had intense sadness, but I also, you know, try to remain positive and optimistic.”
Crockett trains and helps local high school student-athletes get scholarships to college.
Her friends set up a GoFundMe to help her.
Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia local news, events and information
Sign up for our Breaking newsletter to get the most urgent news stories in your inbox.