Ask Liz: Replacing Lost Documents

How to get replacement copies of vital records


Can't find your birth certificate? What about your marriage certificate?

If you need to replace a vital record such as these, you need to make a written request to the state or city where the event took place.

To find out more information about where you should visit the CDC's website.

Contact Us