Is there a law regarding a start time on noisy construction projects? We checked with several local jurisdictions for this answer- since construction project rules and noise ordinances vary by location.
- The Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs in DC restricts construction to the hours of 7am to 7pm, Monday through Saturday.
- Permits may be issued that allow construction on Sundays or legal holidays, however, strict noise regulations are still in effect during these times.
- In Arlington, construction is restricted to the hours of 7:00 am to 7:00 pm, Monday-Friday, with the exception of County holidays.
- And in Montgomery County, construction projects can only occur between the hours of 7am and 5pm on weekdays.
- So, check with your specific county or city for your noise ordinance law.