If you're unemployed in Arlington County, you might be feeling pretty lonely these days. Arlington has the lowest unemployment rate in the D.C. area, the Washington Business Journal reports.
Every county in the region -- with the exception of the District -- had a lower unemployment rate in September than the national average, which was 9.2 percent. The figures come from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Here's the breakdown:
- Arlington County: 3.9 percent
- Loudoun County: 4.5 percent
- Alexandria City: 4.5 percent
- Fairfax County: 4.6 percent
- Prince George's: County: 7.4 percent
- Fredericksburg City: 8.4 percent
- District of Columbia: 9.5percent
Fan, Follow and Text: Get the latest from NBCWashington.com anytime, anywhere. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook. Sign up for our e-mail newsletters and get breaking news delivered right to your mobile phone -- just text DCBREAKING to 622339 to sign up. (Message and data rates may apply.)