'He Was the Best Dad': Virginia Man Killed at Maryland Workplace Was Devoted Father Living American Dream - NBC4 Washington

'He Was the Best Dad': Virginia Man Killed at Maryland Workplace Was Devoted Father Living American Dream



    News4 and WBAL spoke with family members of the two men shot at work Thursday in Edgewood, Maryland. Both men were described as humble and hardworking. (Published Thursday, Oct. 19, 2017)

    A man who was shot and killed at his workplace outside Baltimore on Wednesday was a hardworking father who had been worried about the temperament of the man who police say killed him.

    Bayarsaikhan Tudev of Arlington, Virginia, died after he was shot on the job at Advanced Granite Solutions in Edgewood, Maryland. He was 53.

    Tudev's devastated wife and daughter said Thursday that he had been worried about his coworker Radee Prince, who is suspected of shooting five people in the granite shop in Maryland and one person at a used car lot in Delaware, leaving three men dead.

    "He would come home and mention that he had a rough day at work with this person," Tudev's daughter, Suvd Bayarsaikhan, told News4. "I think the guy didn't really get along with the other workers."

    3 Dead in Maryland Shooting; Manhunt for Gunman Underway

    [NATL] 3 Dead in Maryland Shooting; Manhunt for Gunman Underway

    Authorities are searching for Radee Labeeb Prince, 37, who is on the run after he was suspected of shooting five employees of Advanced Granite Solutions at the Emmorton Business Park in Edgewood, Maryland. 

    (Published Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017)

    He was so concerned about the gunman's temperament that he brought it up in church prayer sessions, his widow, Gerelmaa Dolgorsuren, told The Associated Press. Prince was always angry, Tudev told his family.

    A photo provided by Tudev's family shows him smiling alongside his wife in a field of sunflowers on Sunday, just three days before he was shot. They were married 32 years, his widow said. 

    Tudev was a Christian who hosted Bible study at his home, a pastor at his church said. He loved his job and his family, his daughter said.

    "He was the best dad and the best husband -- the most humble person," Bayarsaikhan said, starting to cry. "He was a very friendly, soft-hearted, very easygoing guy. I'm sure everybody loved him."

    He woke up at 5 a.m. to get to his job more than an hour and a half away from home. 

    Tudev, a father of three, immigrated to the United States from Mongolia with his wife and daughter in 2005. His two sons still live in their home country.

    Bayarsaikhan Tudev, second from right, stands with loved ones at a wedding in April 2017. He was killed at work in Edgewood, Maryland, on Oct. 18, 2017.
    Photo credit: Courtesy of family

    "It was always his dream to come here and live in the U.S.," his daughter said.

    Bayarsaikhan said she forgives the man who killed her father. 

    "That man who shot my dad, he's forgiven. My family, we forgive him. But not with our own strength, only through Jesus' love," she said. "We can only forgive this man through Jesus."

    Jose Hidalgo Romero, 34, of Aberdeen, Maryland; and Enis Mrvoljak, 48, of Dundalk, Maryland, also were killed at Advanced Granite Solutions.

    Romero was an immigrant from El Salvador who was dedicated to his job, his brother, Noah Orellana, told WBAL-TV. 

    "He was a very humble guy. He was just from home to work," Orellana said.

    Suspect Caught Hours After Shootings in Maryland, Delaware

    [DC] Suspect Caught Hours After Shootings in Maryland, Delaware

    The manhunt for a man suspected of shooting six people, killing three, is now over, but the pain is just beginning for the families of the victims. News4's Shomari Stone reports how the man was apprehended.

    (Published Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017)

    "Our heart is breaking up," he continued. "It's unbelievable." 

    The family is making arrangements for Romero's body to be flown to his home country. 

    Photos of Romero and Mrvoljak were not available immediately.

    Two other people who were shot and wounded were in critical condition Thursday morning.

    Loved ones of the victims picked up their cars at their workplace on Thursday.

    After opening fire at work, Prince then drove to Wilmington, Delaware, where he shot an acquaintance in the head and the body, police said. 

    He was captured in Newark, Delaware, after a 10-hour manhunt. 

    Police said the attacks were targeted and Prince knew each of his victims. His motive is still under investigation.

    As of Thursday evening, Prince was being held in Delaware on more than $2 bail. He will be sent to Maryland. 

    Advanced Granite Solutions is fundraising for the families of the victims using a GoFundMe page.

    "Everbody's struggling and we're happy to have a great community supporting us and lifting us up," a spokeswoman for the company said at a news conference Thursday.