Editor's Note: D.C. Fire & EMS and the Coast Guard previously said the woman fell into the water, but the Coast Guard later said she did not fall into the water.
A woman passed out from carbon monoxide poisoning Sunday on a 40-foot boat at the Georgetown Waterfront, the Coast Guard says.
About 5:30 p.m., a man called the Coast Guard and said he and another passenger were suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.
A Coast Guard crew arrived and took a woman who was unconscious out of the boat's cabin before putting her on a Coast Guard boat and giving her CPR. She regained consciousness shortly after, the Coast Guard said.
Both passengers were taken to the waterfront, where they met medics who took them to George Washington University Hospital.
"It feels great knowing that I possibly saved a person's life," said Petty Officer 2nd Class Chris Page, who performed CPR. "My training just kicked in automatically, and I am happy I could help."
The woman is expected to be OK.
Stay with News4 and NBCWashington.com for updates to this developing story.