Woman Celebrating 19th Birthday Dies After Taking Molly at D.C. Music Venue, Police Say - NBC4 Washington

Woman Celebrating 19th Birthday Dies After Taking Molly at D.C. Music Venue, Police Say

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Woman Dies After Taking Drug Molly, Police Say

    Victoria Callahan, of Sterling, Virginia, was celebrating her 19th birthday on Wednesday when she collapsed from an apparent overdose of the drug molly, police said. (Published Thursday, June 11, 2015)

    A Northern Virginia woman celebrating her 19th birthday at a concert Wednesday night has died after she apparently took the drug molly at a D.C. music venue, authorities said.

    Victoria Callahan, whose birthday was Wednesday, was attending a concert at Echostage in Northeast D.C. when she complained of feeling sick at about 12:15 a.m. Thursday, police said.

    Callahan, of Sterling, was under the influence of molly, according to a police report.

    She was taken from the performance of the Australian DJ Flume to MedStar Washington Hospital Center, where she died early Thursday morning, according to a MedStar representative. 

    Va. Teen Dies From Apparent Molly Overdose at Echostage

    [DC] Va. Teen Dies From Apparent Molly Overdose at Echostage
    A Virginia teenager died from an apparent overdose of Molly, the pure form of ecstasy, just hours after celebrating her birthday at a concert at DC's Echostage.
    (Published Thursday, June 11, 2015)

    Molly, a form of MDMA, is the main ingredient in the drug ecstacy.

    Callahan was a sophomore marine science major at Coastal Carolina University in South Carolina. She graduated from Potomac Falls High School in Loudoun County, where she was vice president of her senior class.

    A handwritten note was left on the Callahan family's door on Thursday, asking for privacy for the family and declining to comment on the young woman's death.

    A manager at Echostage, located off New York Avenue NE, declined to comment. 

    Police investigated in September 2013 whether a 19-year-old University of Virginia student who collapsed and died at EchoStage had taken molly, as News4 reported.