A fire started at the Time Warner building in Herndon, Virginia Tuesday around 7:45 p.m., requiring response from multiple fire departments.
Fairfax County firefighters saw a transformer in flames outside when they arrived at 13820 Sunrise Valley Dr. They also discovered a fire in the electrical supply room which contains the building power supply and battery packs.
Firefighters called in a second alarm, summoning two additional fire departments. Hazmat units responded to the scene because the battery packs can give off gases when burning.
The area is not a threat for people in the immediate area, according to the fire rescue teams.
Firefighters evacuated people from the building. There were no reported injuries.