It took less than three hours, but the men's and women's winners of the 40th Marine Corps Marathon had a rainy, but successful, finish on Sunday.
Trevor Lafontaine, from Cornwall, New York, finished with an unofficial time of 2:24:24.22, nearly two minutes ahead of his second-place pursuer. Jenny Mendez Suanca, from San Jose, Costa Rica, blistered the women's group, finishing in 2:45:55.18, 7.5 minutes ahead of the second-place finisher.
- WATCH: Trevor Lafontaine crosses the finish line
- WATCH: Jenny Mendez Suanca comes across the finish line
Many of the runners were still on the course and rolling road closures will be in place for much of Sunday morning and afternoon in both Northern Virginia and D.C.
Read on for all road closures below:
4 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
- Madison Drive NW from 7th to 14th Street
4 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Route 110 ramp from Washington Boulevard to Route 110
4 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Marshall Drive from North Meade Street to Route 110
- Route 110 from I-66 to U.S. Highway 1
4 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
- North Meade Street from Marshall Drive to Lynn Street
- Wilson Boulevard from North Nash Street to Route 110
- Lynn Street from North Meade Street to Lee Highway
- Fort Myer Drive from North Meade Street to Lee Highway
- North Moore Street from Wilson Boulevard to Lee Highway
- 19th Street North from Lynn Street to North Nash Street
4:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Boundary Channel Drive from Route 110 to Long Bridge Drive
5 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
- Jefferson Drive SW from 3rd Street SW to 15th Street SW
- 7th Street NW from Madison Drive NW to Jefferson Drive SW
6:30 a.m.–11:30 a.m.
- Rock Creek and Potomac Parkway NW (northbound) to Beach Drive
- Rock Creek and Potomac Parkway NW (southbound) from Shoreham Drive NW
- Shoreham Drive NW (southbound) from Calvert Street to Rock Creek Parkway and Potomac Parkway NW
- Beach Drive NW from Rock Creek and Potomac Parkway NW to Calvert Street
7:23 a.m.–9:15 a.m.
- Lee Highway (eastbound) from North Kirkwood Street to Lynn Street
7:30 a.m.–9:25 a.m.
- Spout Run Parkway, from Lee Highway to George Washington Memorial Parkway
7:30 a.m.–9:40 a.m.
- George Washington Memorial Parkway from Spout Run to Key Bridge off ramp
7:30 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Long Bridge Drive from 12th Street to Boundary Channel Drive
7:33 a.m.–9:40 a.m.
- Francis Scott Key Bridge (all lanes)
7:35 a.m.–1:17 p.m.
- 14th Street SW from Jefferson Drive to northbound HOV lanes
7:35 a.m.–1:45 p.m.
- HOV lanes from 14th Street SW to HOV ramp at South Eads Street
7:40 a.m.–2 p.m.
- South Eads Street from South Rotary Road to Army Navy Drive
7:45 a.m.–2:30 p.m.
- Army Navy Drive from South Eads to 12th Street South
7:47 a.m.–10:36 a.m.
- M Street NW from Canal Road NW to Wisconsin Avenue NW
7:48 a.m.–10:40 a.m.
- Wisconsin Avenue from M Street NW to K Street NW
7:49 a.m.–10:45 a.m.
- K Street NW from Wisconsin Avenue NW to Rock Creek and Potomac Parkway NW
- 27th Street NW from K Street NW to I Street NW
- I Street NW from 27th Street NW to Virginia Ave NW
7:50 a.m.–11:04 a.m.
- Rock Creek Parkway and Potomac Parkway NW from Beach and Shoreham Drives to Independence Avenue
7:52 a.m.–11:05 p.m.
- Lincoln Circle from 23rd Street NW to 23rd Street SW
7:53 a.m.–12 p.m.
- Ohio Drive SW at West Potomac Park from Independence Avenue SW around East Potomac Park to Maine Avenue SW
8 a.m.–10 a.m.
- 15th Street South from Crystal Drive to Eads Street
8 a.m.–2:30 p.m.
- 12th Street from Army Navy Drive to Crystal Drive
- Crystal Drive from 12th Street to 23rd Street
8:02 a.m.–12:10 p.m.
- Maine Avenue SW from East Basin Drive to Independence Avenue SW
8:03 a.m.–12:25 p.m.
- East Basin Drive from Maine Avenue to Ohio Drive
8:06 a.m.–12:28 p.m.
- Independence Avenue SW from Maine Avenue SW to Ohio Drive
8:13 a.m.–12:35 p.m.
- 15th Street NW/SW from Constitution Avenue NW to Maine Avenue SW
8:15 a.m.–12:55 p.m.
- 3rd Street; Pennsylvania Avenue NW to Maryland Avenue SW
- 4th Street; Constitution Avenue NW to Independence SW
8:16 a.m.–12:50 p.m.
- Pennsylvania Avenue NW from 3rd Street NW to East Capitol Circle
- 1st Street; Pennsylvania NW to Maryland Avenue SW
- Pennsylvania Avenue NW from 3rd Street NW to 1st Street NW
8:17 a.m.–12:52 p.m.
- Maryland Avenue SW from 1st Street SW to 3rd Street SW