Sections of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge will close periodically for routine maintenance and inspections this week.
Monday though Thursday this week, one lane on the bridge's eastbound span may be closed from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., weather permitting, according to the Maryland Transportation Authority.
Closures of the entire westbound span are also in the cards. Those closures could happen:
- From 8 p.m. Monday to 5 a.m. Tuesday
- From 8 p.m. Tuesday to 5 a.m. Wednesday
- From 8 p.m. Wednesday to 5 a.m. Thursday
- From 10 p.m. Thursday to 5 a.m. Friday
- From 11 p.m. Saturday to 7 a.m. Sunday
Crews will switch traffic patterns to let drivers cross in both directions.