Some roads will close and parking restrictions will be in place Sunday, Feb. 18 for the Chinese New Year parade in Chinatown.
Police say the following roads will be closed:
These roads will close from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and you cannot park on these streets from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.:
- I Street NW between 5th and 6th Street
- H Street NW between 6th and 7th Street
These roads will close from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m., and you cannot park on these streets from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.:
- I Street NW between 5th and 8th Street8th St NW between I and G StreetG Street between 8th and 7th Street7th Street between G and H StreetI Street NW between 5th and 8th Street
- 8th St NW between I and G Street
- G Street between 8th and 7th Street
- 7th Street between G and H Street
The parade will kick off at 2 p.m., featuring dragon and lion dancers, drummers and firecrackers. From 12 p.m. to 5 p.m., the Chinatown Community Cultural Center is hosting a celebration including performances, face painting, crafts, language lessons and food.