Prince William County prosecutors identified the fourth suspect in the slaying of a 16-year-old Woodbridge High School junior as Deion Moses.
A judge granted prosecutors' request to release the name of the 17-year-old still being sought by police. Anyone with information on his whereabouts should contact police.
Brenden Wilson was shot multiple times about 4:30 p.m. Monday along a popular path that students use to cut through to a nearby neighborhood. Investigators have called Brenden's death drug-related, and said he and the suspects knew each other.
Smalls has been charged with murder, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. Wilson and the 17-year-old suspect have both been charged with conspiracy to commit a felony, the same charge on which Moses is wanted.
Moses is described as 5-feet-8-inches tall with a medium build and weighing 175 pounds. He has a dark complexion, short black hair and brown eyes and he may have earrings in both ears
Moses may be armed and dangerous, police said.
Brenden's mother, Vikki Wilson Moore, told News4 she doesn't think her son's death had anything to do with drugs.
"Just because they were drug dealers, doesn't mean this was a drug-related crime," Moore said. "I will not have my son's name go out like that."
Smalls lived in -- and was arrested in -- the same neighborhood where Brenden lived, News4's Julie Carey reported.
Prince William County Police confirmed Smalls had been arrested Sept. 29 in connection with a robbery in the 12400 block of Hedges Run Drive in Woodbridge. Police say Smalls and three others asked a 17-year-old boy for his phone, then stole it and threatened the teen. Smalls was charged with robbery.
A GoFundMe page has been created to help Brenden's family with funeral and other expenses.
The funeral is Friday from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Miller Funeral Home in Woodbridge.