Overheated Laptop Causes Maryland Apartment Building Fire, Displacing 2 Dozen - NBC4 Washington

Overheated Laptop Causes Maryland Apartment Building Fire, Displacing 2 Dozen

Firefighters assisted with several rescues

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Sentara Helps Army Vet Take Control of Her Pain
    Montgomery County Fire and Rescue

    An overheated laptop caused a two-alarm fire that displaced 25 people from a Silver Spring, Maryland, apartment building early Saturday, according to Montgomery County Fire and Rescue.

    The laptop caused a bed to catch fire on the second floor of the three-story building in the 500 block of Thayer Avenue.

    The fire department received the call just after midnight.

    Firefighters rescued several people from the building. One adult was taken to a hospital for smoke inhalation but is expected to be OK.

    The fire damaged 12 apartments and caused more than $550,000 in estimated damage.

    Watch NBC4 and get the latest news anytime, anywhere. Check here for TV listings.