Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday are over, but it's not too late for Giving Tuesday!
On Giving Tuesday, people are encouraged raise funds and awareness for important causes.You can help by donating to your favorite charity anytime today.
Those who donate can also show their support by taking a picture while holding a sign proclaiming the name of the charity they love this Giving Tuesday. The photo can then be uploaded onto Instagram, Twitter or Facebook with the hashtags #unselfie and #givingtuesday.
Here are a few places you can donate to in the D.C. area:
• D.C. Gives More is hosting a happy hour for local charities at Busboys and Poets' 5th and K location. The event begins at 6 p.m.
• The Army Historical Foundation is raising money to build the National Museum of the U.S. Army. Donate here.
• All Giving Tuesday donations to the College of Southern Maryland will go to scholarships. Donate here.
• The Salvation Army hopes to boost contributions on Giving Tuesday to provide for the financially disadvantaged during the holidays. Donate here.
• Donations to Martha’s Table will go toward combating cuts to food benefits for poor families. Donate here.
• Miriam’s Kitchen asks for donations to help end chronic homelessness in D.C. Donate here.
• Goodwill of Greater Washington is celebrating Giving Tuesday by raising money for job training programs. Donate here.
• A donation to the D.C. Diaper Bank will help ensure babies and toddlers grow up healthy with the diapers they need. Donate here.
• DC SCORES has a goal to serve every student in D.C. deserving of a team. Donate here.
• A donation to N Street Village will help hundreds of homeless and low-income women in D.C. Donate here.
• Help keep D.C. safe by giving to Collective Action for Safe Spaces, which aims to prevent public sexual harassment and assault in D.C. Donate here.
• The Housing Initiative Partnership in Prince George’s County donations will help create housing and economic opportunities for low to moderate income families. Donate here.
• A donation to Kids R First will help nearly 21,000 kids who struggle to afford school supplies in Fairfax and Loudon counties. Donate here.
• MarylandCAN needs support to improve schools for Maryland children. Donate here.
• A donation to the Maryland Coalition Against Sexual Assault funds efforts to end sexual violence in Maryland. Donate here.
• The D.C. Center is participating in Giving Tuesday to provide funds for the LGBT community in the D.C. area. Donate here.
• Girls on the Run of NOVA is generating donations today to support girls of Northern Virginia in their quest for self-esteem and healthy living. Donate here.
• Prince George’s Community College Foundation, Inc. has a list for ways to give, including cash donations, gifts and other methods. Their list of suggestions is here.
• The Friends of Guest House provides a list of ways to donate and support their work. Donate here.
• Donations to St. Coletta of Greater Washington will help provide a variety of hands-on learning opportunities for children and adults with intellectual disabilities. Donate here.