Frying Pan Left on Stove Caused Fire That Destroyed Townhouse: Authorities - NBC4 Washington

Julie Carey, David Culver and the News4 team covering where you live

Frying Pan Left on Stove Caused Fire That Destroyed Townhouse: Authorities

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Fire Destroys Centreville Home Displaces Residents

    A fire destroyed a townhouse in Centreville, Virginia, Saturday, forcing residents to evacuate. News4's Darcy Spencer reports. (Published Saturday, March 23, 2019)

    Cooking oil in a frying pan left unattended on a stove ignited and caused a fire that destroyed a townhome in Centreville, Virginia, on Saturday, authorities said. 

    The two-alarm fire happened in the 14500 block of Castleford Court, said Fairfax County Fire & Rescue. One person was air lifted to a hospital; however, that person's injuries were not life-threatening.

     Two adjacent townhouses were also damaged.

    Damages were estimated at $322,000.

    Watch NBC4 and get the latest news anytime, anywhere. Check here for TV listings.