A Woodbridge family is facing the reality of homelessness after a fire destroyed their home.
An extension cord sparked the flames at Robin Lara's home July 28.
For the past two weeks, the generosity of others has kept Lara, her elderly brother, her children and her three grandchildren off the streets.
But with their money quickly running out, that could change come Monday.
"We have no home; we have nothing," Lara said tearfully.
Lara had lived in the mobile home for 21 years, but the fast-moving flames changed everything.
"I ran home real quick," she said. "By the time I got here, it was just gone."
For the past two weeks, the family of seven has lived in a hotel. The Red Cross helped some and now a local church is stepping in, but those funds are quickly running dry.
"As of Monday, we got to be out," Lara said. "We have no place to go. We don't know. I'm worried to death because I have these grandkids. I have no place to go."
Lara's thankful her family survived and owes that to her 11-year-old grandson, Caden.
"I ran inside, woke everybody and said, 'There's a fire; we need to get out'," he said.
He tried to save their house, too.
"I ran out here, over there was a hose connected, but I touched the metal and it was hot," Caden added.
Seeing the pain in his grandmother's eyes, Caden's choosing to keep hopeful.
"It may be a blessing in disguise. Everything happens for a reason. This might just be something that [leads to] something better in life," he said with a reassuring smile.
A GiveForward page has been started for the family. Click here for more information.