Laptop Cord Sparked North Potomac Fire That Displaced 2 Families - NBC4 Washington

Laptop Cord Sparked North Potomac Fire That Displaced 2 Families

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Laptop Cord Sparked North Potomac Fire That Displaced 2 Families
    Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Service

    A laptop cord sparked a fire in a Montgomery County townhouse that displaced two families and caused at least $250,000 in damage, officials say.

    The fire broke out on the 14400 block of Pebble Hill Lane in North Potomac about 9 p.m. Friday, a Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Service spokesman said. More than 80 firefighters responded.

    Flames spread from home to home and leaped from the building, cellphone video shows.

    EMS crews evaluated several residents for smoke inhalation, but no one was seriously hurt, the fire department said.

    In an update Saturday morning, the fire department said a "transformer laptop charging cord" started the blaze in a second-floor bedroom.

    The Red Cross is assisting the victims.