Metro riders are going to have a tough time getting around this weekend. Metro is upgrading its platforms, rail bridges, installing new crossties and new tracks.
Trains on all lines will be single-tracking and riders should expect their trips to take up to 30 minutes longer than usual.
Affected areas include:
- Red Line between Shady Grove and Twinbrook
- Red Line between New York Ave. and Rhode Island Ave.
- Orange Line between Vienna and West Falls Church
- Blue and Yellow Lines between Braddock Road and Pentagon City
- Green Line between Prince George’s Plaza and College Park
Let's Go Around Town: Keep up with what's happening in the D.C. area anytime, anywhere. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook. Sign up for our e-mail newsletters and find out What You're Doing Tonight with texts delivered right to your mobile phone -- just text DCTONIGHT to 622339 to sign up. (Message and data rates may apply.) Don't forget our iPhone app!