Fire Causes Pr. George's Mall Evacuation - NBC4 Washington

Fire Causes Pr. George's Mall Evacuation



    How Telehealth Technology is Revolutionizing Healthcare
    Ally Graphic
    The mall in Hyattsville had to be evacuated when smoke spread from the basement.

    A shopping mall in Hyattsville was evacuated for a fire burning in a shipping tunnel underneath the building on Saturday.

    Prince George's County fire department officials say no injuries were reported at the Mall at Prince George's Plaza.

    Firefighters say an electrical transformer was burning underneath the mall, pouring smoke into the structure.

    Fire officials got the incident under control, and mall representatives said they will be open for business on Sunday.