Carbon Monoxide Sickens 10 at Two Baltimore County Homes - NBC4 Washington

Carbon Monoxide Sickens 10 at Two Baltimore County Homes



    New Shoulder Replacement Procedure Gives the Gift of Movement

    Ten people were sickened by carbon monoxide in two separate incidents at homes in Dundalk, Md., Baltimore County officials said.

    Rescue crews were called to a home on Manor Road for an unconscious seizure patient, but also found several other residents with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. Six people were taken to University of Maryland Hospital Center, but their conditions are unknown.

    Carbon monoxide levels inside the home were about 600 parts per million, fire department officials said. Safe levels are below 30 ppm.

    An hour later, emergency personnel were called to a home on St. Monica Drive, where carbon monoxide levels were about 120 ppm. Officials say four people were taken to Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center in that incident, but their injuries do not appear to be life-threatening.

    Follow NBCWashington for the latest anywhere, anytime:iPhone/iPad App | Facebook| Twitter | Google+ | Instagram | RSS | Text Alerts | Email Alerts