This article is sponsored by Michael & Son, the leading full-service plumbing, electrical, HVAC and remodeling company serving the Washington D.C. area for over 30 years. Learn more about Michael & Son at MichaelandSon.com.
Back up generators aren't only for doomsday prognosticators with a bunker in the backyard and a pantry full of non perishables. They're actually a practical solution to your power outage woes and can be easily installed by one of the numerous professionals at Michael & Son.
- The generator transfer switch monitors incoming voltage from the utility line.
- When the outage occurs, the generator is signaled to activate.
- The utility line to the generator is shut down and the new power line from the generator opens.
- Within seconds the generator provides power to critical circuits.
- When the utility line voltage has returned it transfers back.