Several outdoor events will cause street closures across the D.C. area this weekend.
The Race for Every Child run is scheduled for Saturday Sept. 13. Road closures will occur on the race route:
• 12th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest.
• East on Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest towards Third Street Northwest.
• South on Third Street Northwest to D Street Southwest.
• West on D Street Southwest to Fourth Street Southwest.
• North on Fourth Street Northwest to Independence Avenue Southwest.
• West on Independence Avenue Southwest to Seventh Street Southwest.
• East on Independence Avenue Southwest to Third Street Southwest.
• North on Third Street Southwest to Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest.
• West on Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest to the 12th Street Northwest.
• Race will end and disband at 12th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest.
Another event closing D.C. streets on Saturday Sept. 13 is The Big Build. The event takes place from 6 to 8 p.m. and will cause the closure of:
• F Street between Fourth Fifth Streets Northwest.
Streets will be closed in Georgetown during Taste of Georgetown Saturday Sept. 13. The following streets will be closed beginning at 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. in conjunction with the annual event:
• K Street Northwest between Wisconsin Avenue and Thomas Jefferson Street Northwest.
The Adams Morgan Day Festival will close several streets on Sunday Sept. 14, including:
• 18th Street Northwest between Florida Avenue and Columbia Road Northwest.
• 1800 block of Belmont Road Northwest, Wyoming Avenue Northwest and Vernon Street Northwest.
• 1700 block of Euclid Street Northwest near Unity Park.
• Kalorama Road Northwest will be closed from Columbia Road Northwest past 18th Street Northwest to the business alley in the 1700 block.
• California Street Northwest will be closed from Florida Avenue Northwest to 19th Street Northwest.
Motorists could encounter delays if operating in the vicinity of this event and may wish to consider alternative routes.