A family of seven is without a home after an early morning fire tore through their Gaithersburg townhome.
Montgomery County fire crews were called to the 900 block of Bay Ridge Terrace just after 1 a.m. Monday. When they arrived, they found flames coming from a middle unit in a row of townhomes.
A second alarm was eventually called to bring more firefighters to the scene.
Fire officials say an outside light fixture caused the fire.
A smoke alarm alerted the family to the fire, and everyone got out safely. The Red Cross is assisting the family.
The home suffered $225,000 in damages.