NBC4's Health and Fitness Expo is coming to the Washington Convention Center on March 10 and 11.
You can watch cooking demonstrations at the Expo's Cooking 4 You stage.
Here's a recipe for slow-cooked beef minestrone soup that Wegmans will showcase at the Expo:
Slow-Cooked Beef Minestrone Soup - Low Sodium, Low-Calorie, Lean
Active Time: 20 minutes, Total Time: 4 hours 50 minutes to 9 hours 5 minutes
1 1/2 lbs Wegmans Boneless Beef Chuck Roast, cut in 1-inch cubes
1 pkg (16 oz) Food You Feel Good About Cleaned & Cut Minestrone Soup Vegetables
Salt and pepper to taste
1 container (32 oz) Food You Feel Good About Beef Culinary Stock
1 can (14.5 oz) Wegmans Italian Style Diced Tomatoes
1 container (24 oz) Italian Classics Seasoned Tomato Sauce (Dairy Dept)
1/2 cup Italian Classics Ditalini Rigati Pasta, uncooked
1 can (15.5 oz) Food You Feel Good About Garbanzo Beans, rinsed, drained
1 pkg (6 oz) Food You Feel Good About Fresh Baby Spinach
You'll need: 6-8-quart slow cooker
1. Add beef, veggies, salt, pepper, stock, tomatoes, and sauce to 6-8 qt slow cooker.
2. Cover; cook on HIGH 4 hours or LOW 8 hours. Add dry pasta and beans; cook another 30 min on HIGH or 45 min on LOW.
3. Add spinach to slow cooker; stir about 2 min until wilted.
• Pasta can be cooked per pkg directions and added along with spinach.
• For deeper flavor, try searing beef before adding to slow cooker.
• Try using stew beef in place of chuck roast.
Each serving (1 1/2 cups; about 13 oz) contains 300 Calories, 24 g Carbohydrate (5 g Fiber, 0 g Estimated Added Sugar), 19 g Protein, 14 g Fat (6 g Saturated Fat), 50 mg Cholesterol, 430 mg Sodium