NBC4's Health and Fitness Expo is coming to the Washington Convention Center on March 10 and 11.
You can watch cooking demonstrations at the Expo's Cooking 4 You stage.
Here's one recipe for chicken enchiladas that Wegmans will showcase at the Expo:
Chicken Enchiladas - Lean
Active Time: 25 minutes, Total Time: 45 minutes
1 Tbsp + 4 tsp Food You Feel Good About Vegetable Oil, divided
1/2 cup peeled, chopped white onion
Meat from 1/2 Wegmans Plain Rotisserie Chicken (about 2 cups), shredded
Salt and pepper to taste
8 Wegmans Organic Stoneground Yellow Corn Tortillas
1 jar (16 oz) Food You Feel Good About Green Chile Sauce (Grocery Dept)
Radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced, for garnish
Pickled Red Onions (see related recipe), for garnish
Lime Crema (see related recipe), for garnish
1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco (Cheese Shop), for garnish
Green onion, trimmed, thinly sliced, for garnish
Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
You'll need: 9x9-inch baking dish.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add 1 Tbsp oil and onion to pan on MED-HIGH. Cook, stirring, 3-4 min, until soft but not browned. Add chicken; season with salt and pepper. Cook on MED, stirring, about 4 min. Remove from heat; set aside.
2. Add 1 tsp oil to separate pan on LOW; add tortilla. Cook briefly on each side until warm and pliable. Add 1/4 cup chicken mixture to tortilla. Roll up; arrange seam-side down in 9x9-inch baking dish. Repeat process with remaining tortillas and oil, adding 1 tsp oil to pan every 2 tortillas. Pour sauce evenly over enchiladas.
3. Bake 20 min; remove from oven. Garnish with radishes, pickled onion, lime crema, queso fresco, green onions, and cilantro.
• Try replacing Food You Feel Good About Green Chile Sauce with Food You Feel Good About Red Chile Sauce.
• Adding oil to tortillas in pan keeps tortillas from absorbing too much sauce.
Nutrition Info: Each serving (2 enchiladas; about 8 oz) contains 470 Calories, 37 g Carbohydrate (5 g Fiber, 0 g Estimated Added Sugar), 26 g Protein, 24 g Fat (7 g Saturated Fat), 80 mg Cholesterol, 790 mg Sodium
Pickled Red Onions - Heart-Healthy, Low-Sodium, Low-Calorie, Fat-Free
Makes: 2 1/2 cups
Active Time: 10 minutes, Total Time: 25 minutes
1 red onion, peeled, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
1 Tbsp salt
Juice of 2 limes (about 1/4 cup)
1 cup Wegmans White Distilled Vinegar
1 Tbsp chopped Food You Feel Good About Oregano leaves
Add onion, salt, and lime juice to large non-reactive bowl; mix to combine. Add vinegar and oregano; mix to combine. Let rest at least 15 min before serving.
Nutrition Info: Each serving (2 Tbsp) contains 5 Calories, 1 g Carbohydrate (0 g Fiber, 0 g Estimated Added Sugar), 0 g Protein, 0 g Fat (0 g Saturated Fat), 0 mg Cholesterol, 30 mg Sodium
Lime Crema - Gluten-Free, Low-Sodium
Makes: 1 cup
Active Time: 5 minutes, Total Time: 5 minutes
1 container (8 oz) Food You Feel Good About Sour Cream
Juice of 1/2 lime (about 1 Tbsp)
1/2 tsp kosher salt
Add sour cream, lime juice, and salt to bowl; whisk to combine.
Nutrition Info: Each serving (2 Tbsp; about 1 oz) contains 60 Calories, 1 g Carbohydrate (0 g Fiber, 0 g Estimated Added Sugar), 1 g Protein, 5 g Fat (4 g Saturated Fat), 20 mg Cholesterol, 135 mg Sodium