Battleground!: If you think the big names in showbusiness get down and dirty on the set, think again. Robb Hunter, former stunt double for Michael J. Fox, gives you a behind-the-scenes look at the people who make movie combat look easy. You can volunteer to learn a few stunts as well. Free with a ticket, which are distributed 30 minutes prior to the event. 6 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. 1321 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.nationaltheatre.org.
One Night Stand: At least this one night stand won't leave you questioning your judgement. Stop by Madam's Organ to hear One Nite Stand, a funky jazz band that combines jazz, R & B, motown, funk, reggae and more. They play every Monday, so if you don't catch them this week, you can always try again next Monday. 10 p.m. 2761 18th St. NW, Washington, D.C. Visit http://www.madamsorgan.com/happen.ht ml for more information.
$1 Beer Menu: Duffy's knows you're trying to cut corners where you can, and that's why their $1 beer night is such a great deal. For just $1, you can get Pabst, Miller High Life and Bud Light, among others. It may not be the best beer you've ever tasted, but if you're unwilling to cut down your drinking to save money, I guess you can't be picky. 4 - 11 p.m. 2106 Vermont Ave., Washington, D.C. Call 202-265-3413 for more information
More For Locals Only
• Find a Restaurant: click here
• Get Your Drink/Dance on: click here
• Quench Your Thirst With Our Happy Hour Guide: click here
• Eat Cheap in DC: click here
• Plan Your Night With Our Event Calendar: click here
• Music Snob's Concert Picks: click here
• Watch Our Celebrity Interviews click here
• Listen to Bands Perform Live in Our Studio click here