What are you doing this week? We offer up our favorite picks for the five days ahead:
MONDAY, MARCH 26:
- The Joy Formidable brings its brand of breathy rock/dreamy pop/otherwise dreamy sounds to the 9:30 Club (815 V St. NW). 7 p.m. doors; $25.
- In case you missed Ultra in Miami this weekend, head on over to Josephine (1008 Vermont Ave. NW) to listen and party with DJ Tiesto. Start your week off right with tracks from Tiesto’s #1 iTunes music podcast, Tiesto Club Life. The legendary Dutch DJ is known for selling out venues and has performed all over the world. 9 p.m.; $60.
- Authors Sokari Ekine (of blog Black Looks) and Firoze Manji (former program director for the International Secretariat of Amnesty International) discuss their book, "African Awakening: The Emerging Revolutions" at Busboys and Poets (2021 14 St. NW). 6:30 p.m.
TUESDAY, MARCH 27:
- There’s a reason why they call it happy hour and tonight it’s going to be a whole lot happier at Masa 14 (1825 14th St. NW). Enjoy an all-night happy hour with $4 cocktails, beer and wine. 5 p.m.-close.
- It’s Artini night at the Passenger (1021 7th St. NW). Sip some cocktails -- specifically, the bar's entry into the Artini competition -- for a good cause! All participating venues will donate 20 percent of bar sales to support Corcoran ArtReach. 6:30-8:30 p.m.; no cover.
- Join in the After Hours Pop Quiz: '80s Night in the Kogod Courtyard between the National Portrait Gallery and the American Art Museum. Enjoy a happy hour and play a multimedia trivia game on news, sports, and entertainment from the 1980s. 6:30 p.m.; free.
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28:
- Sugar and Spice at Rock & Roll Hotel (1353 H St. NE) features DLs Andi Supreme, Jennder and Sally-go-round for a night of music by women from all eras and genres. 9 p.m.; no cover; upstairs.
- D.C.’s Department of Disability Services (1125 15th St. NW) has partnered with St. John’s Community Services to present the "Untitled Me" exhibit and reception. The event will celebrate the opportunities the community offers people with disabilities and features their creations. 4-7 p.m.; RSVP to email@example.com.
- Chuchkey (1137 14th St. NW) features winning brews from the Washington Post’s Beer Madness. Sample some of this year’s best, and join in to judge of your favorites. All drafts begin at 6 p.m.
THURSDAY, MARCH 29:
- Say yes to the dress... but not on TLC. Instead, head on over to Carine’s Bridal Atelier (1726 Wisconsin Ave. NW) for their annual spring sample sale. The high-end boutique will be offering clients 75 percent off bridal gowns with prices starting at $999. Designers include Oscar de la Renta, Monique Lhuillier, Rivni, Corlina Herrera and more. Shoppers will be allowed in 10 at a time. 5-8 p.m.
- Tonight’s Artini feature night will be held at P.O.V., the posh rooftop bar at the W Hotel (515 15th St. NW). Sip the featured artini of the night and stay for the happy hour. 6:30-8:30 p.m.; no cover.
- Haven't been to the new ArtJamz new studio yet? Head to 1742 Connecticut Ave. NW for a combination of bar night and painting session. Enjoy all-inclusive drinks, food, music and art supplies. $65 all-inclusive, or $45 with a cash bar option; 7-10 p.m..
FRIDAY, MARCH 30:
- The second annual Hunger Is No Joke fundraiser, held at Cafe Asia's Party Loft (1550 Wilson Blvd., Arlington) gives each attendee two drink tickets, unlimited appetizers (8-10 p.m. and a raffle ticket, with music by Over the Line. The event benefits the Arlington Food Assistance Center. 8 p.m.-close; $35 for single ticket; $60 for two.
- DJ Roger Sanchez, owner of Stealth Records, kicks off the weekend at Josephine (1008 Vermont Ave. NW). Sanchez has signed artists like Steve Angello, Laidback Luke and Avicii. Join one of the founding fathers of house music for a night of fun and great music. 10 p.m.; $20 cover.
- NYC's Brown Girls Burlesque takes the stage at at the Red Palace with Soul Train vs. Solid Gold, a tribute to the two beloved music shows. DJ Natty Boom will be spinning sounds of the '70s and '80s. First show 8:30 p.m. doors; performance 9 p.m. Second show 10:30 p.m. doors; 11 p.m. show. $12 advance; $15 day-of.
- Chick-Fil-A Truck to Hit Streets April 9
- Cherry Blossom-Inspired Cocktails
- Carine’s Bridal Hosts Sample Sale Thursday