Restaurants across the DC area are celebrating Independence Day by serving up specials all weekend long. Here are some of our faves:
- Acadiana (901 New York Ave. N.W.) will be closed on July 4, but on Sunday, July 5, the spot will serve a three-course brunch with a complimentary bloody mary or blood orange mimosa from 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m. They will also be open for dinner from 5:30-9:30 p.m. on Sunday.
- Asia Nine (915 E St. N.W.) will be offering a special takeout menu featuring barbecued chicken or grilled steak with two sides for only $20. There will also be other Independence Day-themed deals and steals, including sushi made with red, white and blue ingredients and various sake specials. You can take advantage of all of these specials from July 3-9.
- Cashion's Eat Place (1819 Columbia Road N.W.) has tons of dining offerings for July 4. Scarf coleslaw, corn on the cob and Maryland blue crabs valued at market price, or choose your own entrée (hot dog, hamburger or brisket sandwich) with two sides for $16. These specials run from 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. You can also pre-order a to-go picnic basket for two, containing housemade bread, Sicilian chicken salad, Greek potato salad, chorizo, jamon, hummus, marinated olives, fresh fruit, bottled water and a $14 gift certificate for Cashion's After Dark menu.
- Ceiba (701 14th St. N.W.) will dish out crispy fish tacos, empanadas, Peruvian ceviche and a champagne cocktail for $5 each in their bar from 3 p.m.-close on Independence Day. The restaurant will also be serving dinner from 5:30-11 p.m.
- Cork Wine Bar (1720 14th St. N.W.) is offering a free wine tasting of Spanish wines from 3-4:30 p.m. on Sunday, July 5. The featured three wines (red, white and sparkling) come from different regions and vintages, and giving tasters a true taste of Spanish wines.
- DC Coast (1401 K St. N.W.) will serve dinner from their full menu from 5:30-11 p.m. on July 4. However, we suggest you try their $14 Independence Day special, the Eastern Shore: crispy tempura soft-shell crab with basil, sweet corn, fingerling potatoes and applewood-smoked bacon.
- McCormick & Schmick's (901 F St. N.W. and more locations here) is offering a "revolutionary" deal (their words, not ours). Get a one-pound steamed Maine lobster served with seasonal veggies for only $19.95, from July 2-5. Now that says summer.
- PassionFish (11960 Democracy Drive, Reston, Va.) will be serving dinner on July 4 from 5:30-10 p.m. so you can fuel up before watching the fireworks in nearby Lake Fairfax Park.
- TenPenh (1001 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W.) will open its bar, lounge and patio at 3 p.m., and will serve dinner from 5:30-11p.m. on July 4. Enjoy half-priced appetizers and select $5 cocktails from 3-6 p.m., and again from 9:30 p.m. until closing. But wait! The best part is that you can valet park on Pennsylvania Avenue (close to the Mall) for only $7.
- Whole Foods (2323 Wisconsin Ave. N.W. and more locations here) is running its annual Buck-A-Burger event July 1-7. Choose from five flavors: Cowboy, Sweet Onion, Steakhouse, Bacon Blue and Original Lean burgers for just a dollar each.
Most of these restaurants require reservations, so make sure to reserve your spot in advance!